|The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Cape Town will outsource China Hong Kong and Macao visa service to the Chinese Visa Application Service Center from May 1, 2019|
In order to provide better service for China Hong Kong/Macao visa applicants, those foreigners who hold regular passports within the Western Cape, Eastern Cape and Northern Cape Provinces should submit their applications to the Cape Town Visa Office of the Johannesburg Chinese Visa Application Service Center (hereinafter referred to as "CVASC"). The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Cape Town will no longer accept the aforesaid applications directly starting from May 1, 2019. Details are as follows:
I. Contact information of the CVASC
1. Address: 20th Floor Offices, 1 Thibault Square, Long Street, Cape Town, 8001
2. Phone: 0027-87-8085507
3. Fax: 0027-86-5893248
4. E-mail: email@example.com
5. Website: http://www.visaforchina.org
II. Business hours and fees
1. Business hours: Monday to Friday (except Chinese and local public holidays)
2. Submission of applications: 9:00AM to 12:30PM
3. Collection: 9:00AM to 12:30PM
4. Fees: Besides visa fees and express fees which are charged on behalf of the Chinese Consulate-General in Johannesburg, the CVASC will also charges service fees. Detailed fee information could be found on the CVASC's official website (www.visaforchina.org) or could be obtained by directly consulting the CVASC.
5. Processing time: For regular service, it normally takes seven working days after submission of an application. Express service should be approved by a consular officer and is to be charged extra fees. However, some applications need to be forwarded to Hong Kong/Macao SAR for approval, and the processing time may be extended.
III. Special Notes
1. Whether or not a visa could be issued is decided by a consular officer, the CVASC has no involvement in the approval process.
2. The diplomatic, service or official passport holders, and those who apply for diplomatic, official or courtesy visas, and the Chinese citizens who apply for entry permits to Hong Kong/Macao, still need to submit their applications to the Chinese Consulates General (Address: 25 Rhodes Ave. Newlands, Cape Town, 7700; Office hours: 8:30am to12:00am, Monday to Friday, except for Chinese public holidays).
3. Applicants could also directly submit their visa applications to the Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR or the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police Force of Macao SAR.
4. Regarding the visa exemption policies of China Hong Kong or Macao SAR, please refer to the official website of the Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR (www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html) or the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police Force of Macao SAR (www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/psp_top5_2_1.html).